Wednesday, July 16, 2008

July 16, 2008

HELLO EVERYONE! 

Thank you all sooo much for not fussing at me this week :) It has been a rough week since chemo. This treatment has caused mama to be extremely tired! She has her good days and bad days but by this time after her last treatment she was up and going and doing whatever she wanted. 

Highlights from the past week:
  • Ladies Day: We had ladies meeting which is Mama's favorite! She went and had a blast...she also laid down as soon as we got home. :) 
  • Church on Sunday: Someone else had to preach because Mama was too tired but we were there. It was a good service!
  • WE FINALLY BRAVED WALMART!  :It started out as a quick run for a bday card for Stevie( his bday was the 15th) but turned into a grocery trip once she realized she could do it...see people she knew while wearing a wig...such a brave, sexy, redhead! :) 
  • Went to the church to make calls: She wanted to take care of a little business so i took her to her office for a while. She made calls and I cleaned! 
  • Salvation Army: After cleaning the entire house, we had quite a contribution for the local Salvation Army chapter.
  • BIG BROTHER 10! OK so maybe I am the only one in the entire house that loves the show but I count! :)

Along with the highlights come the low points. Mama has been running a low grade fever for the past three days so we are having to go to the West Clinic for blood work tomorrow. Also, She was put on a different pain medication which makes her tired. She HATES laying in bed during the day but she is just out of it. 

Focused Prayer: 
  • Liver counts to drop
  • Body temp to remain normal
  • Blood work for tomorrow to be normal
  • Joy: She has really been down this week 
  • Energy and Strength
Also, a little rumor has been started stating that "things" have spread to her liver... NOT TRUE! :) READ PEOPLE...her liver enzyme counts were up BUT we are trusting God that even that will be down by tomorrow AMEN? AMEN! :) 

Mama wanted me to let everyone know that she so appreciates all the cards and letters...she said they really help. 

OOOOH...If any of you have a webcam we now have one also to chat with relatives and friends that we aren't able to see more often. If you ever want to have a little web chat and see her beautiful face just send me an email or give me a call and we will arrange it! 

Thanks for EVERYTHING!
Charlcy
char6r@aol.com 
charlcy.ray@gmail.com 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name is Elinda Anderson. I am a saved woman of God serving as a hospice RN in Washington state. I know and love your mother. God has allowed me to see many miracles of healing in the USA and in Africa. They have impacted and increased my level of faith. They have also changed my understanding in how God operates in His perfect will in His purpose for us individually. Most oncologists try to be truthful and kind to their patietns.Many of them deeply care for their patients and want to help them prepare for what lies ahead.Their perception of what lies ahead is clouded by their humantiy. This is a story of one woman that we all thought was only a breath away from heaven. God had other plans...
This 42 year old woman had breast cancer that had spread to her brain. I went to the hospital to admit her because the onocologist wanted someone to support her son through the loss. The oncologist told me she had hours left, at best. I met her only son and then entered the room of a woman that appeared to be actively dying. She was mottled up to her knees which is a late sign, her hands were mottled, tongue and lips were very blue. Every breath was rattling with fluid in her lungs and her work of breathing was extremely labored, even with morphine. Her heart rate was normally 80 but was hanging between 40-50 and very irregular. She did not respond at all when I talked to her, touched her and turned her over to examine her. She had oxygen continuously but it did not improve anything, except her level of comfort. I talked to the family about her. They said she had adopted out her only son when she was very young. They had recently been reunited. She was a Spirit-filled Christian that had prayed for this reunion so that she could share Jesus Christ with him. She had progressively become ill with breat cancer and he had not accepted Jesus Christ. So here she was, dying, with an unsaved son. I asked if we could pray one more time. The family readily agreed. I laid one hand on her and we all held hands. It was a very soft spoken gentle prayer thanking Jesus Christ for His mercy and asking for His will. I asked that He could cast this cancer in the pits of hell where it belonged and give this woman the anointing to touch her son.I asked Jesus for mercy. The woman did not change at all. I left the room and told the nurses at the desk to call me anytime day or night WHEN she died. My faith must have been minimal because that is what I said. I did not get a call. The next morning when I visited her unit, a nurse was at the desk crying. I assumed the woman must have just died. When I walked in the room there was a pink woman sitting up on the bedside eating. I backed out of the room to make sure I was in the right one. The crying nurse spoke and told me I was in the right room. I went in tentatively with my mouth hanging wide open. The woman looked up at me and smiled. All I could say is,"I thought you were leaving." She smiled again and said she recognized my voice. She said she was standing in a long line and Jesus Christ spoke to her and told her that it was not time. She said she woke up in that bed and was hungry. She rang for the nurse and that is when they all got the shock of their life. I wrote this account in her journal in her room and in the medical chart so that all could read it. I saw the oncologist a few months later at a seminar. He and I stood in the middle of the room talking about it with all of his peers giving us a sideways glance. Why? Because we were both crying and talking about the goodness of Jesus Christ. He said that God gave him the opportunity once again to remember that he only ministers for God by caring for those who have cancer but that he is NOT God.We did have contact with the woman a year later. She had no trace of cancer anywhere, was working and her son had received Jesus Christ and was growing in faith daily. She only had slight residual weakeness on one side of her body. That may be there to remind her of the mercy of God.
Cancer is just a word like any other word. It has no power. The enemy would like us to be afraid to talk about the disease or say the word.We need to say we have power over it because it is the work of the enemy. Saying it does not weaken us. We do not have to accept the power he would like for it to have over us. But we should not fear it. He would like us to have faith in him. We have no faith in the enemy and are not afraid of anything that is his. WHEN we die it is because it is our time.No enemy decides that, only our Lord Jesus Christ does. We all have a time to be born and a time to die. If we pray for Gods will to heal in the name of Jesus Christ and He takes the person home, it is His will. If he heals them and they go on to do more work, it is His will. If he heals them and they do not give Him credit, He still did what He did. Nothing, not even a dirty lying enemy, can prevail over Him and what He has for us, His children. It is all in HIM. I have peace to know His will has prevailed. Have faith that God will do what is best for your mother since you have prayed in the name of Jesus Christ. There is no blood or name above that one. Take care and rest in Jesus Christ.
blessings,
Elinda Anderson

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the typos. Did not correct them and should have. Patients spelled wrong and most importantly at the end of the testimony I did not capitalize HE several times. Very sorry and no disrespect meant for the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, Jesus Christ.
blessings, Elinda