Saturday, June 21, 2008

June 21, 2008

Hello everyone!

Today has been GREAT! I called the on-call nurse this morning and they decided to increase her pain meds which has worked! She gets irritated at how it makes her feel but then again she would rather be out doing just about anything other than sitting in the house all day.

I MADE WAFFLES! Sooo for days now mama has been craving waffles and fresh fruit and this morning I finally got out of bed in time to make them for her! Breakfast at the Ray house ROCKED OUT this morning! :)

VISITORS: Brittney and Sis. Pulse(my mom's previous pastor's wife) both stopped by today...that was greatly needed and appreciated!

Focused prayer:
-NO SIDE EFFECTS!
-Strength...she wants to go to church in the morning.
-ME...I am still feeling icky!

Thanks for everything!
Charlcy

1 comment:

ThickChick said...

Aunt Marilyn,
I was just thinking of you and wanted to let you know you're in my thoughts and prayers.

I was talking to Andy the other day (that's right...ugly boy! lol) and we were talking about bonsai trees. You have to know that this is Andy's newest craze. He was telling me that bonsai is a technique, not a tree. People go into the wild, and find small young baby trees, and they take them and plant them in pots so they can make them grow certain ways. That technique is called bonsai.

We began talking and realizing the spiritual aspect of that technique. If you've ever seen a bonsai tree, the branches are twisted and made to go certain directions by those who know the technique. Well, I was telling him, that is so much like what God does in our lives sometimes. Sometimes we feel all bent out of shape and twisted up and we really don't understand why. If we walked up to a big tree and all we could see was one big twisted branch, we might think that tree was so ugly. But a bonsai lets us see the bigger picture. We can see the whole tree from a new perspective...and it's beautiful!

How hard it is to see ourselves from God's perspective. We only see our situation from the angle that we have. But he is shaping our branches and making something beautiful to Him and for His will.

I just thought I'd drop by and share that with you because it was so profound to me.

I love you and I know this is all a part of God's beautiful design for your life!

Love,
Nickie